Thursday 14 April 2011

Mmmmmm....

So I've taken on a liking to trying new recipe's lately.  It's been fun experimenting with some new flavours and finding some old treasured recipes I had never tried...  Also, over the last few weeks, we've started exchanging recipes at work, so I've gathered some exciting new ones to try.  Because of this I decided to revamp my entire cookbook, I couldn't find the recipes I was looking for and I had so many on loose cards/pages, that I thought it was time to start over.  I'll show it to you in my next entry.  But for now, here is another one of my new favourite recipes.  Given to me by my lovely friend Laura!  I never took a picture of my soup, but I promise you it is very yummy!

MAPLE SWEET POTATO SOUP
1 large sweet potato, halved                                            2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 med onion, chopped                                                   6 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp maple syrup                                                        1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp nutmeg

http://vegonline.org/Health-&-Nutrition/Top-10-Healthiest-Vegetables.html
Heat oven to 350F.  Roast unpeeled sweet potato flesh side down, until brown and soft (~20min).  When cool, peel off skin of the potato (it should peel right off).  Heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat.  Add onion and softened sweet potato.  Saute until onion is transparent (~4min).  Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 15 min.  Puree for a smooth soup.

Mmmmmmm.... enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment