Tuesday 8 March 2011

High Heels photo by denis.todorutThis spoke to my heart the other day, thought I'd share...

Taken from Heart to Heart with Holley


Why you don't have to be perfect

I know Perfectionism.

She calls my name and says...

"You will never be good enough."

And sometimes I listen.

I cower in a corner.

Or I endlessly run.

But it's always about fear.

Then these words stop me in my tracks, grab me by the heart, and invite grace to speak instead...

Perfect love casts out fear. 1 John 4:18

I don't have to be perfect.

I only need to be perfectly loved.

And I am.

So are you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Jer.
    So, how about that girl's night??

    ReplyDelete
  2. jer... yes you are. loved completely! :) just wondering if you've ever heard or thought about the difference between perfection and excellence? perfection is a standard we can never achieve driven by a fear of failure, but excellence is simply loving God enough to grow into being the best me He wants me to be.

    ReplyDelete