Friday 4 March 2011

getting back up after the fall...

Feeling a bit battered and bruised this week?  Life has its moments that seem to knock you down -- and it can feel just so hard to get back up...  People say rotten things, life situations are complicated, and some days are just plain difficult to face.

Today I found some encouragement for my day from the Incourage blog -- http://www.incourage.me/.  The blog was called Helpless.   It was exactly what I needed to hear this morning, and maybe it's something you need to hear too... 

If you're feeling helpless, worried, or a bit beaten up, and you just don't know what to do...  you are not alone!  God has offered to carry our burdens!  We don't have to shoulder them alone!  ...His yoke is easy and His burden is light...  Why not let God have control?  He knows what to do!  Our only job is then to trust Him!  And when I'm often feeling like I just don't know what to do...that is something I can do! 

Trusting God with the worries of my day...  I can do that!  I can get back up and face the new day...

Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." 

No comments:

Post a Comment