Tuesday 15 March 2011

Contentment with the Little Things...

On the weekend, my sister and I had a blast doing something we hadn't done for years!  We went to second hand store!!!  We had a blast browsing through purses, jackets, coats, and housewear stuff!  We used to go when we were younger, and had a ton of fun looking amidst the piles of things for small simple treasures -- a new sweater, or a cute dress.  It had been a very long time since then...  We reminisced about the skorts and plaid dresses we had bought years ago, which would definitely be out of style by now...  haha!  After, spending some quality time together having some fun modelling a few dresses and making fun of MANY others! We found a few treasures!

S H O E S !!!


Yay!  

While we were walking through the store, we were having a conversation about being content in the little things, and being excited about simple things.  My heart beats a little quicker when I spend a few dollars on a new pair of shoes at Value Village/Talize, and when I find a treasure for $1.00 at Dollarama, I get excited...  We both said we hope we never lose that -- we hope we never find ourselves needing to have the most expensive, or becoming people who only live with items of extravagance!  Today I'm thanking God for the little things in life, and for the joy and contentment they bring!  Praying for a heart that is always content with the simple things in life, and continually grateful to the One who gives them!  

...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."   Philippians 4: 11b - 13 

No comments:

Post a Comment