Monday 2 May 2011

ORANGE PEPPERS!!!

Eye Foods Book Cover Design

So this weekend, I was away at a conference and I met some women who together wrote a book called Eyefoods.  They are two optometrists that have written a book to help people understand the importance of diet and nutrition to the health of their eyes.  We have always known about the links of diet to macular degeneration and the importance of taking antioxidants and vitamins to keep our eyes healthy.  I bought a copy of this book and I've really enjoyed reading it!  It is now a new addition to our waiting room!  For an interesting read, and some eye-healthy recipes - check out their website.  http://www.eyefoods.com/index.html

What I found to be one of the most fascinating things is that one of the most healthy things for the eyes are
ORANGE PEPPERS!

These are some of the recipes they have including orange peppers on their website:

1.  Sweet Potato and Orange Pepper Soup


2.  Stuffed Orange Peppers


3.  Turkey & Mango Orange Pepper Boats


Pretty awesome since I can have an unlimited supply of orange peppers!!!  Thought that was pretty cool!  I should be sending all my patients down to Havesome Produce for their supply of healthy eye products!  :)

1 comment:

  1. great blog jer! personally the orange ones are my favourites! gotta try some of those recipes. hugs, mom

    ReplyDelete