Saturday 26 February 2011

12 New Things...

So...several months ago I stumbled across this blog and it inspired me...
http://www.incourage.me/2010/08/12-things.html

The challenge was to pick one new thing to do or to learn every month for 1 year.  At the time I read the blog, I had recently finished up school and was ready to take on some new hobbies and make some time to do some of the things I love which had been put on hold for the time I was studying.  So I made my list of 12 New Things...

Here it is:
SEPTEMBER 2010 -- take a nap...because I can!
OCTOBER 2010 -- make apple crisps for the freezer
NOVERMBER 2010 -- pack, paint, move to our new home
DECEMBER 2010 -- Hold 1st annual Christmas baking exchange
JANUARY 2011 -- make cards and send to friends/family who may need it
FEBRUARY 2011 -- Make a Valentine's craft
MARCH 2011 -- Have a girls party with hot tub, wine, toenail painting
APRIL 2011 --  Use a Michaels coupon to do something creative
MAY 2011 -- take a hike with Mark and take some photos of creation
JUNE 2011 -- plant flower gardens, and attempt a small vegetable garden
JULY 2011 -- take a special holiday with Mark
AUGUST 2011-- prepare fruits and vegetables for freezing over the winter months

So far I've been on task and I've enjoyed doing some domesticated and creative things.  My apple crisps turned out to be delicious, our new home is painted, decorated and feeling more homey by the day, and the baking exchange in December turned out to be a blast!

So, what about you, are there some new things you just haven't gotten around to doing?  Are there goals you want to make but never seem to get them done?  Perhaps try setting out to do one thing per month!  Setting out small monthly goals or even bi-monthly goals may make things more achievable.  For me, I was just trying to get back to doing some of the things I had always wanted to do while in school, but never seemed to have the time...and I can tell you, I'm thoroughly enjoying the freedom of graduated life!  Exploring new hobbies and re-acquainting myself with my creative side!

So who's up for a girls party in March??

2 comments:

  1. i think jane erickson might be...and im definitely in!!! yay!!:)
    -brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm always in for a girls night :)

    ReplyDelete